Thunder Storms and Pumpkins

Late yesterday evening we made our way to the pumpkin farm before it starting raining. When we first arrived I thought they were not open, there was not a single car in the parking lot. Luckily they were and we were the first and only customers on their opening day. I was not prepared for what lied ahead though. In previous years we have always went to the pumpkin farm in mid October and the pumpkins were always very accessible with all the weed and vines lying flat on the ground. With it now only being the end of September and the first frost has not hit the weeds were waist high with the prickly vines knee high. I dress the girls in shorts because it was still slightly warm so they did not even get to venture out into the patch. Scott and I grabbed 21 pumpkin and squash and headed back home. The girls were obviously disappointed so we plan on taking them back in mid October so they can pick out their own little pumpkin.

I am so excited about decorating for Fall. I also purchased 5 baskets of mums in a variety of colors. I am hoping to have my front yard display done within the next few days.

Last night was heaven. It rained, I mean rained! You know, like it does in the south. It rarely ever rains here much less a thunder storm with lightening. You know that old saying, "don't know what you've got until it's gone". It's so true. I miss those thunderstorms that we had in the south. Nothing like a good nights sleep with all that heavy rain pounding and a little bit of thunder on the side.

0 thoughtful note(s):