There are some events that are so horrific that you remember every exact detail of what you were doing when it happen. I will never forget being at my desk at work and a co-worker telling me that her sister just called her and told her that one of the twin towers had been hit by a plane. As my co-worker and I listened to the TV through her phone we heard that the second tower had been hit and was a possible terrorist attack. I began to panic because that morning I had kissed my husband goodbye before he had left the house heading to the Atlanta Airport on a business trip to Vancouver. Unfortunately I had not made a copy of his itinerary and had no idea what plane or carrier he was on. The unknowing of if he was ok literally broke me. I finally got the call that he was ok and that his plane had been grounded and he would be driving home from Austin, Texas. Thank God he was safe! While I only felt the horror of losing him for only a short period of time, I prayed for all the families of all the innocent victims of this unspeakable attack who will never again be able to kiss those they love. I still can not imagine what those families have gone through. I would also like to take this moment to thank all those men and women who have sacrificed so much for me and my family. God Bless You!



2 thoughtful note(s):
I still get teary eyed on this day. I pray for the familes affected every year still. today reminds me to be greatful for all that i have. i am greatful for our friendship stacia, you teach me so much and i love the way we just pick up where we left off when we talk. i love you and your beautiful family. laura p
Our minds was thinking alike on this day.I remember you calling and wakeing me up to tell what had happened and asking you where is Scott.I brings me to tears to think about it.Sooo thankful it wasn't my son,but so sorry for all those that lost a friend or family member.We are blessed!!!MAW,I LOVE YOU GUY'S:)
Post a Comment