Let Them Be Kids

I had a slight revelation one night while watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. On this particular episode they showed Kate in several different situations where she would go hysterically insane with any sort of project that consisted of her kids getting messy or making a mess. Well, that's me! It was a big eye opener. Scott is always saying to me, "let them be kids, Stacia". It's really hard for me I think because I am such a perfectionist. The messes drive me crazy, the chances of their clothes getting ruined by a marker or paint, then if it's not done the right way. You guys think I'm kidding but I'm not. I think everything has to look perfect, that's one of the reasons why I am so behind on scrapbooking. I never was the type that could just throw something together. My layout has to be planned and look flawless. You would not believe how much time I waste on this blog re-writing things, it's crazy but it's who I am. Hopefully I can kick this bad habit to the curb. I dragged out some of my craft supplies and the girls and I sat down last night to make some custom felt purses. I sat back, watched and let the girls do whatever they wanted and tried not to get caught up in the big mess that was being made. They had tons of fun and so I'm thinking we might have to do a weekly craft project. I will post a picture once I get the purses sewn together.

2 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

looks good girls !!! I know what I want for Christmas !!! lol me-maw

Anonymous said...

Designers,huh!Thats a good thing to get in to!When you get done,show me the finished product,ok.Love u,Maw:)