A Dull and Boring Week


We woke up to snow again this morning. It was laying it on pretty thick out there. I can't believe it's been a whole week since I blogged but I gotta say I have been in the dumps this week. Its been cold and snowy so I haven't gotten out that much this week besides taking Madison back and forth to school. Tuesday I had an episode with my acid reflux/gerd that frightened me pretty bad. Macey and I were here at the house alone when the episode hit me and basically I thought I was going to have to call 911. I could not even walk it hurt so bad and the sad thing is I could see the worry in Macey's eyes, she knew something was wrong. For those of you that have never experienced these severe heartburn it feels NOTHING like heartburn. It feels like labor pains from your lower abdomen to your throat. The first time I had an episode a few years back I wound up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. I know all the stress I have been under and the junk I have been eating from the holidays brought it on so I decided to lay back a little and chill this past week. Because when I have one of those attacks it also aggravates my mitro valve condition and that really kicks me off my feet. We need everyone's prayers regarding Scott's back. It is not getting any better and we are so afraid it's going to require surgery to correct the problem.

The girls received their letters from Santa Tuesday. It was kinda ironic. We had went out to eat Monday night and our waiter asked Makaylee if she had gotten a letter from Santa, which we had not at the time. On the way home Madison and I were talking about why the waiter had asked that and if maybe his children had gotten a letter from Santa. I thought how cool would it be if their letters would arrive the next day. The next day when Madison got home from school she went to check the mail box like she always does. She came running into the house, "momma I think we got letters from Santa". It totally blew her away that he knew so much about them and that each letter to the kids were different. She immediately starting calling the grandparents to tell them all about it.


The little comedian of the house with her goofy sense of humor.

1 thoughtful note(s):

Laura said...

This is so cute Stacia!!i wish i would of done it but that cold knocked me on the couch and couldn't think of it.
praying for Scott's back. when is the MRI? i'll call you soon. watching my friends kids tomorrow, hard to talk with 5 kids around.