Christmas Traditions

It's finally Christmas Eve and I am so excited. I love making traditions with the family and hope the girls enjoy it and will appreciate it enough one day to pass some of them along with their kids. One of the things we always do, since Madison's first Christmas, is make cookies. Makaylee really enjoyed doing the cookies this year. Scott came in from work while we were decorating the cookies and Makaylee said, "dad look I'm a big girl....I made cookies". Macey ate more than what she decorated. If you notice in most of the pictures she has her tongue out licking her lips. The girl was in heaven! My mom made these aprons for the girls. Aren't they cute? Thanks mom.


Love the next two pictures, they were taken back to back. Look at Macey checking to see if Makaylee is watching her take cookies off her plate. She goes for the cookie and........scores.


Something else we always do is let the kids open one gift. This is something I continued from my childhood, mom always let us open a gift on Christmas Eve.

We always take baked goodies to our neighbors for Christmas. Since I got hooked on canning when my mom was here visiting I decided to give preserves instead of cookies. They each got a peach preserve, blackberry preserve and a pumpkin spice cake in a jar. Did you know you could cook cakes in mason jars? Neither did I until my mom made a believer out of me. They slide right out of the jars and make a nice moist snack.

This is what it is doing right now as I am getting ready to head off to bed. Definitely will be having a white Christmas.

1 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

I love the cookie bakers:)The aprons are PRETTY!!!Merry Christmas,I love u guy's!!MAW