Name Art Project

It's not a very nice outside today so I thought I would finish up on my last project for Macey's room. I have been looking at some canvas name art on Ebay but the stuff is so darn expensive, like $30-$45 a piece. So I thought I would dip my hands into it and see what I could come up with on my own. Now, the big difference between mine and the ones on Ebay is Ebay's are painted and mine is strictly scrapbook paper. But what I like about mine is I can change it out very easily when her room decor changes.

I started with three blank 12x12 canvases.

I painted the sides an antique cream. Purchased 12x12 scrapbook paper that coordinates with Macey's room decor. Sprayed craft glue on the backs of the paper and mounted them to the canvas. I used my Cricut to cut out 7" letters and spray glued them on the coordinating papers. Hung them up on the wall with ribbon. Not too shabby in my opinion. I have a total of $36.47 in all three pieces, that's ribbon and all. The project took approximately thirty minutes to complete.

I have to say thanks to mom because she is the one who suggested I use paper when I was trying to figure out how to go about painting them.

1 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB !!!YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT !!!LOL MOM