I have found a new hobby....canning. This is something I have wanted to try but I was under the impression you had to have a pressure cooker to do this type of thing. My mom informed me that there are two types of canning, cold canning and hot canning. Cold canning you do not need a pressure cooker. I asked her if she would teach me and she was more than willing to do so. Saturday we headed to the store and picked up our canning supplies and some peaches. I told mom that I wanted to do this myself with her only instructing so I would for sure know how to do this after she left.
I have to say it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be and I was tickled peach with my new jars of peach preserves afterwards. So tickled that I went yesterday and bought some blackberries and will be making some blackberry preserves hopefully tonight. I am also looking forward to making some pickled green beans and asparagus. yum yum.






1 thoughtful note(s):
hey stacia those peaches look as good gerogia peaches. mom says that you can sent her a jar. just kidding. good luck with the blackberries. they are my favorite.
cyndee and laura
Post a Comment