I have been thinking about Christmas cards quite a bit lately hoping to get some sort of a head start on them. Luckily, we have had some nice cloudy weather this weekend which makes for perfect outside pictures. So, Friday I got the girls dressed and we headed down to Kathrine Alberston park to take pictures. I new this was going to be a hard task to take on by myself without Scott to help keep the little ones still but I was willing to give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did. I got some awesome pictures. Of course I got more good individual shots than group shots but I did get a couple of great pictures of all three of them. It was definitely hard work and I was sweatin when we left there but it was all worth it. Sorry I can't share the photos until after I get Christmas cards mailed out, I don't want to give anything away. I will give you a small sneak peek of what I had to deal with regarding Macey.

The little stink would not sit steal. The only thing she was interested in was getting up and walking around.
Saturday I designed our Christmas cards and I am really really happy with them. They are by far my favorite ones we will be sending out. Did I say how much I like them. hee hee. I sent a copy to be printed at Walmart just to make sure everything looked ok. I went to pick it up this morning and.....well this is where the title of the post came from. I gave the gentleman behind the counter my last name and told him I was there to pick up a 5x7. He came back with my picture, with a note attached, and asked me who took the photograph. I advised him I need and he questioned me again and began to advise me of the copyright law. I proceeded to to explain to him that I was indeed the one who took the photograph and would show him my disk of downloads. He very nicely said that was not necessary that they just had to make sure because the photo was of "professional quality" and went on talking about how good my color and lighting was. I thought I was going to jump over the counter and kiss the dude (who by the way was much much older than me). I have had friends and family tell me my photos are good and I should do photography for a living and I value their opinions but you know it is true when it comes from a non bias person. I walked out of Walmart this morning feeling like a million bucks.



3 thoughtful note(s):
I cannot wait to see the christmas card pictures. I love your blog.
I told you itold you you don't believe me, i told you you were AWESOME. OH MY LAND sTACIA That gives me butterflies for you, i love it when someone is has an obvious talent, i'm still searching for mine... does eating count, or shopping for bargains?heehee. i can't wait for the xmas cards!!!
I just read this post. I know the guy at Walmart. We became good friends when I was home on maternity leave. He saw me coming and had my prints all ready for me to pick up.
Can't wait to see the Christmas card :)
Post a Comment