When I took Macey to the doctor yesterday he asked if she was eating with utensils yet. I lowered my head in shame and said, "um no". I already that I should have been letting her eat with a spoon and fork but I was putting it off due to the colossal amounts of food I knew I would be on my hands and knees scrapping off the floor, wall, ceiling and anywhere else the food might land from a 14 month old learning to eat by herself. I felt so bad about it that we started a new chapter today with Macey and I let her eat all on her own with a fork. I started out with something a little less messy than say something like soup, I gave her spinach ravioli. I sat the bowl and fork down in front of her and the girl knew exactly what to do. She picked up the fork, stuck it into one of the raviolis and put it in her mouth. It really shouldn't have come to no surprise that she knew what to do because the last few weeks she had been giving me a hard time about me feeding her. I knew she wanted to do it herself, mom was just being lazy not wanting to clean up the after effect. She ate all of her spinach ravioli and didn't pick up the bowl until she was done and only used her hands to eat with a few times. I was so ecstatic that she did not make an enormous mess.




Something else happened while she was eating. Macey's vocabulary is really starting to expand, especially within the last couple of weeks. I was taking tons of pictures, of course, and all of a sudden she started blurting out word "cheese". Now she must have learned this one from Makaylee because I don't have the girls say cheese when I'm taking their pictures. Makaylee on the other had picks up anything that could resemble a camera and pretends to take your pictures and she will say, "say cheese".
Below are some pictures of Macey just being normal funny self. She absolutely loves the pink chair she got for her birthday. I think she likes the fact that it is one the few things in the house she is able to get on and out of by herself. Just to let you know that is a pink mini marshmallow in her left cheek. The second picture just cracks me up! The fourth picture I love because of her shadow peeking out.



Scott came home for lunch to watch the kids while I went to a doctors appointment. This is what I found when I got back home. 



2 thoughtful note(s):
How cute,I love the picture of her with the hat on and with her daddy!How precious she is :)And good job on the initials of Macy!I like:)lol Maw
She is so cute! My three year old still makes a mess with the utensils.
On a side note, I have tagged you for a meme. Check out my blog for details. Sorry!
Post a Comment