The Girls Got Cameo

So today is opening day of Dove Season and guess what little girl is out there sporting her new cameo and BB gun. Yep, that's Madison, they left at 6am this morning and it was cold outside. I hope we bundled her up enough. She took her (pink) ds lite just in case she got bored.

Boy, does this bring back some memories for me. I can remember going hunting with my dad, eating sardines, oh yeah, nothing like a pack of sardines and some saltine crackers....NOT! You couldn't get me to eat those things now if I was on my death bed from starvation. Anyway, I am so glad Madison is willing to have a little bit of a tomboy side to her. She will treasure these moments one day later in life. There's just something about a father/daughter relationship that is so special when the father incorporates certain aspects of their lives like this.

Here they are this morning before they left, Scott even bought her some face paint.

These kids are so silly.

Here she was target practising the other night.

2 thoughtful note(s):

Carrie said...

Absolutely too funny!! Wayne and I just had this conversation last night, he wanted to take Hadley today. Big diference between Hadley and Madison. Madison can amuse herself with her game when she gets tired of looking for specs flying across the sky, can you imagine Makaylee going, yeah that's what I thought too!!!!

Anonymous said...

PRECIOUS,I love it!!Just tooo cute!Tim loved it too.Maw:)