As we were walking home from picking Madison up from school I was going through my everyday questions about how her day went when she proceeded to tell me how gross boys are in the lunch room. I asked her what she meant thinking she was going tell me how they open their mouths with food in it. Uhh, boy was I wrong. The kids were served carrots with their taco salad today and instead of one boy eating his carrots he decides to converse about how one of his carrots looks like a "wiener". Well isn't that just lovely. So, naive mom here thinks well, Madison probably didn't even now what he meant but to test the waters a little I put a dumbfounded look on my face and said, "well, that's silly, what in the world was he talking about". Madison said, "well he wasn't talking about no hot dog". OMG!!!!! Regrettably, from her response I knew she knew what the boy meant. At this point I dropped the subject because, well lets be honest, I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest. When we got home, after I was breathing normal again, I decided to pursue the conversation again and asked her why would that boy say something like that and she said, "momma, that's ALL boys talk about". What do you say to that to an 8 year old so I left it at that and will not be mentioning it to her again. I do think however that the boy needs a lesson on how it is not appropriate to say such things in front of girls.
I just haven't prepared myself for these types of things yet but I received a rude awaking today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 thoughtful note(s):
well, she is growing up and yes mommy it is HARD to accept that lol mom
I just love your blog. It is so funny to hear what you are doing and the girls are doing. I can relate, Jordan comes home with some stuff I can't beleive.
Love
sherry
Hey,guess who?I think you might should have a long talk with Madison,if you know what I mean!Maw
Post a Comment