Madison Enters 3rd Grade

School started today and Madison was not looking forward to it. In fact if you ask her what her favorite subject is she will tell you P.E.. (Oh my, LOL) We are talking about a girl who all summer slept until 10:30 or 11:00 everyday, one day she even slept to 1pm.

Now I can remember back in the day when I went to school having to get up at 6am in the morning to get ready, eat breakfast and wait on the school bus at the crack of dawn. Here, Madison doesn't even have to be at school until 9am. She gets up at 8:20, gets ready, eats, and then we take a two minute walk to get to the school. But yet she wants to complain about having to get up early. She just doesn't realize how easy she has it.

However, this morning to my surprise there was no scuffles or hair pulling to get her out of bed. In fact, she was already in the shower when I woke up. I was so proud of her. At her request, I made french toast for breakfast.

Here is Madison right before we left the house.

Here she is walking to school.

Here she is laughing with a friend while waiting to go into the school.I sure did miss the little stink today but at least I didn't have to worry about her. Madison has such an outgoing personality she can make friends with a wall (she gets that from her dad). We will see if that outgoing personality gets her in trouble for talking as she has in the past. I asked her yesterday if she was scared or nervous about starting the new school year and the response I got was "why in the world would I be scared or nervous". Wow, you go girl because I can remember like it was yesterday, every year the day before school I would just get sick to my stomach with nervousness.

She came home this afternoon with a smile on her face and said she was looking forward to tomorrow. I'm glad she had such a wonderful day.

2 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

Hey,she looks so cute:)Tell MAkAYLEE that I'm glad she can say yea.I love what your doing here Stacia

Anonymous said...

TO THE OLDEST LITTLE M IN IDAHO
" YOU GO GIRL " LOVE ME-MAW