What I Want To Remember About Today

This morning I was upstairs stripping the sheets off the bed and I over hear Macey telling Scott she had peed in her pants.  Scott instructed her to take them off and come upstairs to me.  I then hear Macey say, “Momma is going to be disappointed”.  I just giggled to myself.  She came upstairs and asked me if I would dry her panties.  I told her we would need to actually wash them and we would just get some new clean ones to put on.  She told me she was sorry in the most pitiful voice she could express. Technically she had not potted in her pants she’d just leaked a little in her undies.  Fast forward a couple of hours later she is helping me clean.  I can’t remember for the life of me what we were talking about, however, she was talking very smartly about something and I made a comment about how smart she was.  She looks at me in a very serious manner hangs her head down and says, “Yeah, but it wasn’t smart when I peed in my panties”.  Oh my goodness, I could have eaten her up in that moment.  She is one smart little cookie.

Then later on in the day I made a comment about what a big girl she was.  She quickly responds to me with, “I not a big girl….see I not growing….remember I not eat all my dinner last night”.  She was right she didn’t finish her dinner and Scott and I are always telling her if the doesn’t eat she won’t grow.  Unfortunately she likes to graze all day and not eat when sat at the table.  She isn’t a picky eater at all she just can’t be still long enough to sit in a chair and eat.  Bless her heart now she thinks she isn’t growing.

0 thoughtful note(s):