A couple of weeks ago I entered the online lottery for a chance to attend the Annual Easter Egg Roll on the front lawn of the White House. I found out about the event last year but too late to enter the lottery. I have been keeping my eye out on the White House web page waiting for the lottery entry to begin. I didn’t get my hopes up because, well let’s be honest, I don’t have the best luck in the world. When I opened my email up a few days ago I found an email from the White House stating I had been selected to attend the egg roll. Whoo Hoo! I think it is going one of those crazy, overly crowded, why did we do this type of event. However, I think it is a once in a lifetime chance. I think it will be something the kids will look back on and think that it was cool that they went. Not to mention that they will be participating in a part of history. The egg roll tradition at the White House is dated back to 1878.
When I was telling the girls about it Makaylee was super excited. She asked if were going to see the american. I pondered for a moment but had no idea who she was talking about. I asked, “Who”. She kept replying with, “The American”. I could not for the life of me figure out who she was talking about. Then she says, “You know, the american with no hair”. That one really baffled me. Being frustrated because I didn’t know who she was talking about she says, “You know momma, the american of the united states”. Then I had an ah ha moment, giggled and asked her if she meant the President of the United States. She giggles and says, “Oh yea, the President”.



1 thoughtful note(s):
How cool is that? I can't wait to see the pictures. I would love to be able to do something like that with CC. You guys will have a wonderful time.
Post a Comment