Super Moon

Clear skies revealed a "super moon" phenomenon today,  Saturday March 19th, as the moon reached its closest point to the Earth since 1993. It is the first time since March of 1993 that the moon has come into such close proximity to the Earth. A full moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east sunset. It’s a super “Perigee Moon”, the biggest in almost twenty years. I’ll be honest I fell victim to all the hype of this “Super Moon”  this past week. I know, it doesn’t take much to excite me. lol  However I failed to remember to watch it this evening as it rose which was really when it was to look it’s biggest.  Even with the lapse of memory I was able to capture some beautiful shots with my mack daddy zoom lens.      DSC_2255-1-4

Madison had a “Here’s your sign” moment.  I called for her to come check out the moon.  She was amazed at how big it was.  I made the comment I needed to call the grandmothers and tell them about it.  Madison as serious as she can be says, “Momma we should take a picture and send it to them so they can see it”.  I look at her with concern and ask, “Madison, you do realize they can see the same moon we see, right?.?.”  She thinks about it for a few seconds then realizes what she said and starts laughing hysterically.  As if each state has it’s own moon……Here’s your sign Madison.

0 thoughtful note(s):