Swifty Tenth Birthday Bash

Today was the big day for Madison's birthday party. She invited 13 girls from school and can you believe that every single one of the parents of these kids called to RSVP. I couldn't believe it! My friend Carrie said it was due to the cool invites. That's a hoot! However, we were short two due to one having strep throat and the other forgot about a Girls Scout commitment. Everyone seemed to have a blast. I would share pictures but I'm not comfortable posting pictures of someone elses's children on the web without their permission. It was a fun filled two hours of singing Karaoke, playing the Dicey Game, having some yummy fondue in which the kids devoured, cake, presents and lots of giggles, laughs and a few tears. It was fun watching the girls karaoke.....they definitely know their music.
I received many compliments on my cake. I am so delighted with the way it turned out. Not too shabby for my first cake. I don't suppose it hurts having a mom who is a cake decorator and can tell you on the secrets of the trade.
Madison's first glimpse at the gift Scott and I got the her for her birthday.

OMG, how funny is this. I just opened one of these a few minutes ago. I also already have this same cd upstairs in my room. Why would mom get me this knowing I already have it.
Let me open it up and look at the CD. Umm, this cracked case looks very similar to the one I had in my bedroom. What that's not a CD.
Madison looks at me and says, "For real mom".
To which I reply, "Yes, for real". What a minute, why is she covering her face. Is she embarrassed?
No, she isn't embarrassed. So why is she upset. She's not. Those are tears of joy. Oh look what you've done now...you have made your mom cry too.
She continues to look at the inside of the CD case as if it's not real. Is she thinking this can't be happening. Maybe she thinks she is dreaming.
But I can tell you that she was not dreaming. What she saw inside the cd case was as real as it gets. Looks like Miss Madison will be going to see Taylor Swift live in concert next month. Mom and the happy birthday girl.
It's a bummer that I will only have these pictures as a reminder of these occasion. I went back to watch the home video and for stupid reason the camcorder decided to stop recording right before the very moment Madison opened her gift. Stupid Stupid camcorder.
The birthday girl and her loot. She racked with up $95 worth of gift cards to Target, Justice & ITunes. Lip gloss, fingernail polish and jewelery. I think these girls know Madison pretty well. She also received $60 cash from both sets of grandparents that she we get to use to buy souvenirs at the concert. She keeps telling me that this is the best birthday ever.

0 thoughtful note(s):