Happy Clamentines

What a wonderful and blessed day I have had with my family today. Today is a day we celebrate love and I have so much love to celebrate. I love my family to the moon and back. We started the day off with some heart shaped pancakes and strawberries.

Each one of the girls received a pink journal....our new love journals. We will use these journals to write love notes, encouraging words, a simple I Love You. I wanted something special for the children to have when they were grown, something to look back on when their mom or dad were not longer on this earth. I know that I have the scrapbooks and the blog but I wanted something they could easily have at hand at all times and that was more personable. What more could that me, a book of words handwritten by their parents. I also bought Scott and I one. That way we can write to each other and the kids can write in ours as well. I have really fell in love with this idea and hope that it will be something the kids will be able to treasure forever.



Poor Makaylee just can't seem to get the hang of saying Valentines, she pronounces it Clamentines every time. However, on the other hand Macey can pronounce it perfectly. How funny it that.



For lunch we ordered a special heart shaped pizza from Pappa Johns. Madison thought it was cool and didn't realize I had actually ordered it on purpose. She thought it was something they surprised us with.



To finish off the day we had a little fondue with strawberries, bananas and marshmallows. This was a big hit with the girls, all I kept hearing was yum, yummy, this is really good, mmmmm. The marshmallows were a hit with the kids and of course the strawberries were my favorite.




Not only is this day special for it being love day but it is also special because it's our anniversary of our first date. Fourteen years ago we went out on a blind date and I never knew how much my life would change that day. Fourteen years later, I have a wonderful husband and three beautiful girls....these people are my life and I am truly blessed beyond measure.

0 thoughtful note(s):