Winter Wonderland

We had yet another huge winter storm pass through the great state of Virginia this weekend. School was cancelled all last week due to the snow we were showered with last weekend. I wonder if the kids will be going to school any next week. Lets not even talk about the grocery stores. I stopped by Wal-Mart last Wednesday and the shelves were bare....and when I say bare, I'm not exaggerated......completely empty. You would have thought the world was coming to an end.

This storm was a little different though, it was a mix of sleet and snow which means power outages. Thank goodness it hasn't happened to us but there are thousands without power in Northern Virginia, DC, West Virginia and Maryland. I think DC received a record breaking snow last night. It sure does make for a beautiful scenery though.

It was totally blizzarding out there and the wind was blowing.....it felt like you were in the middle of a snow globe. The snow was so deep I thought we were going to have to tie a balloon to Macey so we could find her.









Miss Macey decided it was easier for her to roll down the yard than it was for her to walk.


1 thoughtful note(s):

Laura said...

I don't know why i don't make the time to get on your blog more, it's like taking an anti depressant. it make smy tummy feel sooo good, it gives me hope, it helps me realize how fun life can be! this winter's been so hard and just like God's word, I don't know why i just don't turn to things that will encourage me instead of focusing so much on the grey stuff. Thank u, your blog is awesome, i miss u. laura