Big One-Oh

I'm not sure how we got here but Madison has entered the double digit age. She will officially turn 10 at 7:30pm. Oh where has the past ten years gone. I have been a parent now for a decade. Wow, decade sounds like an eternity. My little girl is not so little anymore. This may be an enjoyous occasion for her but I have to admit it saddens my heart a little. She is growing up way to fast for me. In a few years she will be entering into her teens. Five more years she will be getting her driving permit, she will begin dating. May God have mercy on me.

I'm trying to hold back the tears, I just don't want her to get another day older or take another step further away from me. I try to remember life before I had Madison but honestly I don't remember much. Not that it wasn't good because it was. Having Madison has put so much light in my life though that it's hard to see past that point. Happy Birthday my beautiful double digit girl.

Of course I made her "birthday number pancakes" like I always do. I snuck a little birthday love letter in her lunchbox to put an extra smile on her face during lunch. When she walked out to the bus stop this morning all the kids shouted, "Happy Birthday Madison". I thought that was sweet. She chose the Cheesecake Factory for her Happy Birthday meal. Of course I was more than pleased she had chosen the CF, she has good taste like her mom. For her special treat she ordered the ADAM’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP FUDGE RIPPLE CHEESECAKE, it was a Creamy Cheesecake Swirled with Caramel, Peanut Butter, Butterfingers and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. It was delicious but very rich. I was hoping to get a picture of Madison blowing the candle out but when everyone got through singing "Happy Birthday" Makaylee and Macey jumped up like their rears were on fire to help Madison blow the candle out that Makaylee knocked my elbow off the table and I missed the shot.

1 thoughtful note(s):

Carrie said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY Beautiful girl! Hope you have a great party!!!!