Washington D.C.

We went to Washington D.C. today. It was an absolute perfect day to go, the weather was really nice. We traveled many miles on foot. I did not realize how big this place was and at how much there is to see. You can not with out a doubt do it all in one day. It was a very intriguing day seeing and learning new things. I have never known anyone personally who has served in the war but still some of the things I saw was very touching. We didn't make it to any of the museums like the Smithsonian so I am sure we will be making another trip soon.

Here are pictures of the Washington Monument.
I couldn't believe how low the planes flew over the bridge to land at the airport.

I can't a glimpse of this little fellow as I was walking by and actually thought it was a statue but then I saw him nibbling on the nut he had. Scott said he was a very old squirrel because he was gray. I don't know if he was pulling my leg or not.

This was just an interesting to me. It was on one of the walls walking into the World War II memorial.

Here is the big White House. I'm kind of surprised at how close you can actually get to the house. I would think it would be more secure. I was also surprised to see all the other buildings around the back of it. I just always pictured it off to itself. Unfortunately you can't tour the inside unless you have a group of ten or more, that was a bummer. This place reminds me of what New York city might be like. The bumper to bumper traffic and everyone blowing their horns. I could not do it on a daily basis. I said to Scott, "can you imagine what it is like during a work day if it's like this on a Sunday." It took us a little over an hour just to drive around the block of the white house.

These were taken at the Washington Monument. There are 52 flags that circle the monument.
This was just a close up of one I took.

These are pictures of the Lincoln Memorial. The first one was taken while the sun was setting as we were leaving.
The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and were breath taking along with all the other flowers.
This is what it is like for me to try and get a picture will all three of the girls in it.

2 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

Hey,beautiful,just love the pics. I can't waite to come up.:) MAW

Laura said...

wow, how close is it to you guys? Can't wait to visit you there. miss u guys so much, my stomach just aches, i din't realize how much i've missed you.Laura