Easter Weekend

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We had a pretty busy weekend. We started off by dying eggs Friday afternoon. The girls had a blast. Makaylee and Macey really had fun but seemed kind of confused at first like is mom really going to less us make a mess with this stuff. Especially Macey, she kept looking at us with approval with every little move she made waiting for us to tell her no. She didn't like getting the dye on her hands, she kept asking for a nakin (aka napkin). She as at that stage where everything is gross, ewww, nasty. Currently those three words are her favorites right now. Makaylee and Madison did not want to end the adventure when all the eggs were gone so they continued by trying to tye dye some of their eggs and I have to admit that some came out looking pretty cool. Madison also had fun tye dying paper towels and one of dad's old t-shirts with the left over dye.

Below is when Makaylee dropped the first egg she grabbed.

This was Makaylee's hands after she finished dying eggs. Last year I learned my lesson about letting them dye eggs the day before Easter. It takes a couple of days for the dye to wear off.

Are you sure I can drop this egg in here mom!
The family comedian.
Saturday I took Makaylee and Madison to see the new Hannah Montana movie. It was really cute, not cheesy like I thought it might be like. Makaylee wasn't feeling well and slept during half of the movie. Sunday morning we visited our first church here. It was ok, not somewhere I would attend regularly though. We will keep trying until we find somewhere we feel like is home. It was a nice day with he sun shinning bright when we left this morning but geez that wind would cut you into. This was really the only descent picture I got of all three of the girls. Makaylee still wasn't feeling well and you could tell the cold wind was hurting her. She slept all through church and the rest of the day on the couch. Hopefully she will be feeling better tomorrow for me to take her out for some pictures.

Madison is photogenic, thank goodness she took after her mother. hee hee
Macey was really really excited that she found two eggs. Too bad the picture is blurry. :(

3 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

How cute,GOOD job with the pics.They are beautiful!! Wish I could be there:( lol Maw

Anonymous said...

SO PRECIOUS, IT MAKES ME WANT TO JUMP IN MY LITTLE TRUCK AND COME GIVE YOU A HUG !!LOL MOM

Laura said...

i see you still are the great photographer i know..you guys seem to have transitioned a little better. i need to call you, i miss your voice..why is Macey getting tso big? miss u all.Laura