Macey...No Longer a Baby
It saddens me to see my baby growing up. It has been really tough on me knowing she is the last one. Three weeks ago today I decided to wean her off the pacifier. She never was really addicted to it, I only allowed her to have it when she was sleeping. But when we took our road trip to the south in January I became dependant on it to keep her settled down in the car. Then once we decided we were not going back to Idaho and began living with my in-laws I was still leaning on it to keep her quieter. It got to the point that she had the pacifier in her mouth 24/7. She was even beginning to start talking with it in her mouth. I knew it was time of the passy to go!! Unknowing to her, I started cutting the tips of the passy off while she wasn't looking. I wish I could have video tapped the look when she picked up the first one and stuck it in her mouth. She took it out as quick as she had put it in and looked at it and said, "nasty". She carried it around with her for a few days, never complained, whined or whimpered about it. She is now passy free and has not asked for one until two days ago and I told her they were gone gone and she went on with her business. She has however, substituted the bear for her passy. Keep in mind when she slept she always had a passy in her mouth and one in her hand. Now she asks for her "baby" aka the teddy bear before bedtime. I definitely ok with that, in fact I think she looks sweet snuggling her baby.
Macey's hair is getting long. After her bath the other night I twisted her hair and pulled it up in a hair class. She looked so big. The second picture I took Easter showing how curly her hair is. I did nothing to her hair but wash and dry it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 thoughtful note(s):
Post a Comment