Election Day 08


As you all know today was voting day. Scott went yesterday and did the early voting so he could watch the kids today while I voted. I planned on getting up at 6:30am to be at the precinct to wait in line no later than 7:30am hoping to get in and out fairly quickly. As I was laying out my clothes last night Madison asked if she could go with me. My first response was no because she is so hard to wake up in the mornings. She kept begging me to let her go and Scott said to take her that it would be a good experience for her. So we got up this morning, went and got us some hot chocolate and was at the precinct at 7:25. We were number 12 in line and luckily was able to wait inside the door instead of standing outside like I thought we would. Which would not have been great since it was rainy and chilly. We were out of there by 8:10. On the way out the doors Madison said, "that was awesome".

Madison has been keeping up with the Presidential race for a while now. She has been asking me who I was voting for but I would never tell her. She has asked me a billion questions including who I was voting for. I didn't tell her to I showed her the ballot this morning with my marked selection. Madison was McCain all the way. She said she would vote for him because he wants to lower gas prices and that's what our country needs. I asked her this morning if they were learning this stuff in school and she said no that she has been listening to the news with Scott and I. I think it is awesome that she was taking this stuff in and not tuning it out because it might be boring. I can't say that I was very interested in it at her age.

0 thoughtful note(s):