Reading Between The Lines
This morning when Scott was getting to leave for work Makaylee started crying and whining that she wanted to go with him. We kept explaining to her that he was not going just anyway, he was going to work. Scott looked at her and said, "Ask mommy if she will take you to Target". Makaylee loves to go to Target because she knows she will get an Ice, so she looks at me and proceeds to ask, "mommy can we go to Target"? I responded with, "we will see". Makaylee immediately looks at Scott and says, "daddy...mommy said no". Scott and I both laughed and said she knows me too well. So my three year old has learned to read between the lines. Normally when one of the kids ask for something and I say, "we will see" in all reality that usually means "no".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 thoughtful note(s):
Post a Comment