Carrie and I took the girls out for the day to the Georgia Aquarium. My favorite was the different kinds of jelly fish. Scott offered to keep Macey so I could possibly keep my sanity am I glad I decided to leave her with him because I was pooped when I got home. I was super excited about getting Miss Hadley with Makaylee to see how well they hit it off. I already knew they were two peas in a pod by the conversations Carrie and I have had over the past couple of years. They played very well together and I think will be great friends. I don't think the aquarium was a bit hit with the little ones like Carrie and I had thought but we well made up for it after we took them to Chucke Cheese. It was so great to get to spend the day with Carrie and Hadley....miss you chick!
The infamous Chick-fil-a biscuit. I have waited two long years to have one of these again. Those of you who have not had the opportunity of taste one of these yummy breakfast delights.......oh you are so missing out. My friend Carrie introduced me to something even more yummier, the new mini delights. OMG, they were sooo good. They come in a box of four and with a soft butter bread and a chicken nugget in each one. Thanks Carrie for the new addiction!

Madison got to hang out with her cousin last weekend. They were two peas in a pod no doubt. They seemed to have the same taste in clothing, they both showed up with their DS games and at the end of the day they were begging to spend the night with each other.






Just a picture showing we are in the digital age. No need for a atlas map when you have navigation on your cell phone.

Thursday we headed to our old stomping ground and visited with Scott's grandmother and aunt. We also went by our fathers grave sites to check out maintenance and to also show Madison who has been asking a lot of questions this past year about her paternal grandfathers. I took these pictures in a field behind the church where my father is buried. I have always thought Scott's grandmother was very pretty for her age and takes wonderful pictures.







Our trip down went a lot better than I had expected. I think we only had three melt downs with the girls which isn't bad considering that we were in the car for 37 hours. We drove 22 hours the first day and 15 the second day and finally arrived to Scott's parents house at 12:30 a.m. It actually took seven hours longer than we had thought to get here, darn map quest. Here are a few pictures of the girls in the car.
Thursday we headed to our old stomping ground and visited with Scott's grandmother and aunt. We also went by our fathers grave sites to check out maintenance and to also show Madison who has been asking a lot of questions this past year about her paternal grandfathers. I took these pictures in a field behind the church where my father is buried. I have always thought Scott's grandmother was very pretty for her age and takes wonderful pictures.
Saturday we visited with my side of the family. It was good to see all my family I have not seen in years. I got to meet my sister's husband for the first time and who by the way they are expected a baby girl in June. I also got to meet my brothers little boy for the first time and let me tell you he is a cutie. My cousin Tracy had a cocker spaniel puppy with her and my girls was in love with it, especially Macey. After we got home that night she was walking around the house saying, "pup pup....spank", the puppy's name was Spanky. I might have to break down and get them one.
Carrie, Wayne and Hadley came over Sunday evening so we could spend some more time together before we headed back to Idaho. Munched on some goodies, played the Wii, of course took some pictures and just enjoyed hanging out. I was pretty sad when they had to leave. I held back my tears until they left though. It just stinks thinking it could be another two years before we got to hang out again.
Future BFF's
Miss Macey with Carrie's boots on. She is turning into a shoe girl like her big sis.



3 thoughtful note(s):
Glad you made it back home safely. I hope the trip paid off for you all. Been thinking about you.
Well I am with you with the chicken mini's but girl those things are the reason I am on a diet haha...they are delicious though i miss you guys i hope we get to see you this weekend!!!!
I am just now reading about Scott's job. I will be praying for you guys!!!!
Post a Comment