Indecorous Brats
I am fuming, just down right livid at some of the brats at Madison's school. I am very strict when it comes to my children being rude to others. I have always taught Madison to be polite no matter what someone says to her. But today the lace gloves flew off and the boxing gloves came on. Madison came home after school today and was telling me about a situation that happened to her while playing tether ball at recess. My blood pressure is rising as I'm typing this. Anyhow, Madison is pretty good at tether ball, like most sports, and she beats quite a few of the kids at recess. She was playing this girl and the girl's sister came up and yelled, "Amy, don't let that fat girl beat you"! I immediately said, "she said WHAT"! And of course Scott replies, "Madison I hope you punched her in the face". Like always when Scott takes this approach I tell Madison that that is not the right thing to do but buddy I was screaming the same thing inside I just couldn't tell Madison that. Madison did admit to me that wanted to punch the girl. Don't get me wrong I'm not justifying hitting I just don't understand flat out rude, impolite, bad-mannered, bad mouthed kids. When Madison was in first grade her best friend was a little Indian girl. They were playing during recess and some girl called the Indian girl "black trash". Madison came home so upset over what took place I wound up calling the Principal about it. It has just totally stuns me by what all I hear from Madison that gets said in "grammar" school. First of all Madison is not fat! Poor Madison she is so self conscious about herself because she has always been the tallest girl and sometimes overall in her class (I know its hard to believe that Scott and I could have produced a tall child). No wonder kids are becoming anorexia and bulimic in grammar school. If I had a hold of that girl, I would have her face over the sink washing her mouth out with soap. Garbage like this is why sometimes I consider home schooling. Sorry to vent so badly but I have a very low tolerance when it comes to kids making fun of others. It hits a very sore spot with me. I was ridiculed all through school for not having all the "in things", we just couldn't afford it. Yes, I know kids will be kids but it still makes me angry. I know this is a bunch of rambling but I had to vent. Ok off to bed, it's 1:04 AM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 thoughtful note(s):
HTE DAY WILL COME WHEN MADISON WILL TAKE UP FOR HERSELF. SHE JUST HAS TO FIGURE IT OUT , JUST LIKE YOU DID. ( HIT HER MADISION, I AM ON YOUR SIDE) LOL MEE-MAW
Sometimes kids this age speek and act on what they see from others.I makes me mad too,but we can't stoop to that level.Madison needs to let that child know how ignorant she is and if the shoe was on the other foot how would she feel!!!!!!YOU GO MADISON,maybe she is jealous of you baby:)HUGS AND KISS'S, MAW :)
I hope you don't mind a stranger commenting. I was just visiting from Angela's blog and read a couple of your posts. You have beautiful girls!
I taught middle school for almost 4 years. There were many things I loved about it, but one of the things I found so upsetting were how critical and hearless the kids can be to each other. And I know a lot of it is just our human-ness....but I know they get a lot of cultivating at home. Its really frustrating to watch. I'm glad Maddison is so involved in activities at school, and apparently not afraid to befriend those who are different. I enjoyed my brief visit to your blog! Thanks for sharing!
O my Land I would be so pissed. Stuff like this is one of the reasons i do homeschool. I have a hard time with it too. I teach our kids to be nice to everydody and that we are all different and that's ok, so for kids like that girl, i'd want to punch too. I would not be agood school mom, bc i would want to protect my kids, i give them the credit they deserve, wether it's neg or positive, i know they're not perfect but they are my babies and the claws come out on this mama bear when it comes to them. Miss you much. Laura. Where are you? I can't get a hold of you? Are you mad at me? I hpe not cuz i love you.
Post a Comment