As we are traveling down the interstate today making our way to Virginia I am reflecting on the past 13 years. Something ironic is taking place today. Exactly thirteen years ago today Scott and I began our first journey together, we were set up on a blind date on Valentines Day by two friends. And thirteen years later to the day, here we are beginning another journey. Today we hit the road to a new state where we will be living to find a house. Happy Valentines Day honey, I love you no matter what the weather may bring.
We got off to a late start this morning so we missed the cut off time for chicken minni's at Chick-fil-a so we went over to Bojangles who was serving heart shaped biscuits all day long.


We finally crossed over the Virginia line and we stopped at the first information center to pick up some info about the state. I am excited about moving here. Everyone that I have spoken to that has been to Virginia talks about how beautiful it is here. Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to wait till spring to see it everything is still dead right now. I have been looking at the huge pile of books and pamphlets I picked up at the info center and there is tons of stuff to do here. I really think Madison is going to like here with all the history the state has. She loves history and museums and that sort of things. Something I personally want to do and I know Madison will to is visit Mountain Lake where the movie "Dirty Dancing" was filmed. I can remember when that movie came out.....loved it and I still do. Heck, I've only seen it probably twenty times. I am also excited that we will be close enough to drive home when ever we want to. No more having to book flights to visit home once every one or two years. Yeap, we will be able to make it home for the holidays now. Yeah.



0 thoughtful note(s):
Post a Comment