First And Sixth Grade – Day One

The girls were excited to get back to school.  They both had a great first day.  Mom had a pretty good day too and I’m pretty sure Macey did as well.  She never once asked for Makaylee.  Instead, she stuck to me like glue.  I think she is going to enjoy her alone time with her mom.  Her mom is going to take in every minute she can since this will be Macey’s last year at home before she goes to school too.

Madison survived her class schedule and rotation.  She was assigned merit classes for all four of her core subjects.  We are so proud of her.  She will also be learning to play the violin for the school orchestra.  That one should be interesting, I may be putting her in the basement to practice the first couple of months. I asked Madison when I picked her up how her day was on a scale of 1-10 and she said an eight. 

I took more detail pictures this year so the girls can look back at them my age and think what in the world was I thinking wearing THAT.  Don’t we all do it! Madison has turned into quite the fashionista in the last year.  She didn’t used to care what she wore but she has become very picky now.

  All the way to school Madison warned me I better not touch my camera once we get to the school.  She begged me not to take any pictures.  Madison honey….did you really think I wasn’t going to take a picture of you taking your first steps into middle school.  She stepped out of the car, telling me once again not to take any pictures.  I send my love and she walks on.  I figured I would let her get far enough so I wouldn’t embarrass her by taking a picture and she would never know it.  As soon as I got the camera focused and snapped the picture she turns around and busts me. lol  I love the look on her face….priceless.  DSC_5060

A little more zoomed in.  Ironic she is right beside the “stop” sign.

DSC_5060-2

I had to do a full crop to show her expression up close.

DSC_5060-4

Just a quick picture of my beautiful sixth grader in the car before I dropped her off.

DSC_5057b

DSC_5058-3DSC_5047b-2  DSC_5049b DSC_5055b           

Makaylee was so excited about school she couldn’t even sleep the night before.  She loves her teacher.  In fact on the way home she said that she was really nice and that she was her favorite.  Yea!!!!  It’s going to a good year.  She is already begging to ride the school bus.

DSC_5099-2 DSC_5092 DSC_5093      DSC_5109 

DSC_5068

0 thoughtful note(s):