Phineas And Ferb Said It Best

Well it’s that time for the girls to start back to school.  It’s a bittersweet time for me.  I will miss them during the day but I will enjoy being able to keep the house cleaner.  I think Macey will miss Makaylee terribly, they have really played and got along so good this summer.  I can’t get that silly theme song off of Phineas and Ferb……. “there’s 104 days of summer vacation and school just comes along to ruin it”.  

Here is Madison getting ready to leave for orientation day at school.  I asked her to smile and she gives me this cheesy fake smile.  I’m still trying to talk her off the edge regarding her rotating block schedule.  Geesh….it’s even confusing for me.  I promised her that they will help her understand it better when she gets there.

DSC_5041B

Madison found her name!  Can you tell she is excited?

DSC_5036B 

Makaylee searching for her name and she finds it. She has a few friends from last year in her class so she is a happy little girl.  I’m hoping that this teacher will be better than last years.

DSC_4773DSC_4782  

Makaylee’s school supplies.  This year’s choosing consisted of a little more grown up look.  We have two puppy folders as well but then we found out she doesn’t need them.  {insert frown} my little girl is growing up. 

DSC_5029

This was last years supplies she picked out.  Where has my princess/barbie obsessive little girl gone.

Ready to meet her teacher at open house. 

DSC_5031

Makaylee sitting at her 1st grade desk.  She was a little shy and didn’t want me to take a picture until all the other parents and kids had left.  I figured I better get a picture then because I knew she would want to walk into the school by herself on the first day. I had her walk me from the car rider spot and her classroom to make sure she knew where to go.  I should have never even given a second thought, she knew exactly what she was doing.  I must say that I have a great feeling about her teacher this year.  She has been teaching for five years and has a little girl of her own.  She seems really nice and to have that touch with small children. Yea!!

DSC_5033

0 thoughtful note(s):