3.20.10 We Became Fearless




The big awaited day finally came....yesterday Madison and I made our way to the Taylor Swift Fearless Concert 2010. I have been working works on our shirts, poster, plotting and planning on how we could manage to get our hands on pit passes or a meet-n-greet with Taylor. I even joined a Taylor Swift fan forum to learn as much as I could about her concert. Go ahead and laugh....I know I'm crazy. lol The word out on the forum was that you needed to arrive at the concert with the most coolest shirt or poster and hope that Taylor's mom or dad sees you. If you get lucky enough for them to spot you then you just might have a chance at getting one of those special bracelets to let you in the pit area or backstage after the concert.

Our Fearless Story.........

We arrive at the arena at 11:27am which meant we had 7.5 hours of waiting before the concert was to begin. Have I lost my mind you might ask. Nope. I already knew there were going to be some other people there from the fan forum. When we arrived there were only three other people waiting behind the arena where the tour buses were parked. One guy had been there since 6am.....see I'm not that crazy. Chick has to have her sleep. Another guy had only been there for an hour before me but he had on a tuxedo...boutonniere and all. The other gal that was there didn't even have a ticket to get into the concert but drove four hours from Boston just to try and get a picture of her. Ha.....I don't sound crazy at all now...do I? We were all there in hopes of someone seeing what dedicated Taylor fans we were and give us that special bracelet.
We waited and waited. Few other girls showed up and actually ended up staying with us the whole time. After being there few a couple of hours I spotted the top of a blond curly head walking out the door into Swift's personal bus. I yell, "I think it's Taylor" and everyone comes running over. A few minutes later Taylor, Kellie and a few of the band crew step out and start to load into a blue van. Madison is screaming "Taylor" and holding up her sign. Taylor looks up reads her sign and yells, "LOVE YA'LL". OMG. Madison was beside herself. The "Superstars" as Madison called them left. A few minutes later a camera crew came up but couldn't get past the locked door. That was a big time bummer because all the Taylor fans know when the camera crew comes out they have those special bracelets to hand out to those who are willing to talk to into the camera. We waited a little bit and a gal walked up and said she just saw Taylor shopping at American Eagle and had the pictures to prove it. She said they had to leave when a couple of people reconiged who she was. A couple of hours later the blue van returns and they all unload from their shopping trip. Taylor and Kellie waved at us again and went inside.

We waited and waited some more but still.....nothing happened. No passes of any sort were handed out. Madison was getting antsy to get inside. The doors had been open since 5:30 and was now 6:30....the concert was to start in 30 minutes. Madison wanted to go inside in hopes of finding Mrs. Swift (Taylor's Mom) and getting a pass. Immediately upon walking in everyone starts pointing and talking about our sign. Even the arena event staff were telling Madison that was the best sign they had ever seen. People were asking if they could have her picture with the sign. It was crazy!! We make our way through the arena but no signs of Taylors mom. We head to our seats and we had a pretty good view. Glorianna comes on and neither one of us reconige their music so we get up and hit the arena hallway again in hopes of seeing someone. We headed down the the lower section hallway and still nothing. We had pretty much given up and was headed back to our seats.

We were about twenty feet from our section entrance when we walk past a gentleman to my right. We make eye contact and he motions for me to come over. He had a very serious look to him.....I though we were in trouble for our sign because when we first had gotten to the arena I was told by a staff memeber that they didn't know if they were going to let signs in or not. Madison and I walk over to the gentleman and leans over and whispers, "Don't scream but I'm Taylor's Dad, Mr. Swift. I noticed your sign and would like to give you pit passes." OMG. I so wanted to hug him and ask for a picture but I knew he wanted to keep it on the down low so I had to remain calm. I have to be honest.....I had to fight back the tears a little. After waiting so long outside that day and got nothing I was just so happy for Madison. I knew she was getting ready to have an experience she would never forget. Mr. Swift put the bracelets on us told Madison there was one condition....she had to scream and go crazy down there. I know I thanked him at least five times. Thinking about it now I should have told him how we had been there ALL day and hinted around for backstage party passes but I was totally shocked and overwhelmed. We finally made our way down to the floor and through all the security. Unfortunately during all this we missed about three of Kellie Pickler's songs and I really wanted to see her. But it was all good.....we were still able to catch her last to songs which are my two favorite of hers anyway....."Red High Heels" and "I Wonder". Plus that gave me time to adjust my camera. Wait till you see a picture of Kellie's shoes...I don't see how the girl walked up and down those platforms without falling on her rump. Speaking of cameras....I was so sick I didn't bring my good camera. They were not suppose to allow in detachable lenses in the arena but so many people had them. Again it's all good though because I have a feeling that if I had tried to use my good camera in the pit area someone would have told me that I couldn't and then I would have been without a camera. I fought with my five year old p&s camera. The lights and all the movement was making my camera go crazy. But I managed to get some descent shots and I didn't worry about it too much and try to enjoy the concert.

Taylor finally made her way onto the stage and for the next 2.5 hours all you could hear were screaming Taylor fans. The girl may not be able to belt it out like Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey but she can defiantly put on a concert. I had so much fun watching Madison. She was was a little reserved when we first got in there but she meet another girl her age and they stuck together and Madison began to cut loose. She made her way up to the stage and got her hand slapped by Kellie Pickler and one of Taylor's guitarist. Another one of Taylor's guitarist also threw her a guitar pick. She totally walking on cloud nine. She ended up giving her new friend the guitar pick. I totally could not believe she did that but she said it was fine because she had already planned on buying some after the concert. I don't think she realizes how special it was for them to have thrown it to her but you have to admit......the girl has a heart. She screamed, danced, jumped and held that sign up high every time Taylor came her way.

After the concert ended we were slowly make our way out when we ran into two older girls who had been waiting outside with us early that day. They got lucky too with pit passes when Taylor's mom spotted their sign. They were telling us they had hoped we were able to get passes because if anyone deserved them we did. Awwwh...that was so sweet. We made our way up to the merchandise stand so Madison could spend her birthday money. She noticed a lady next to me had a autographed cd insert and Madison wanted one. I told her I was sure they didn't sell them there and the guy behind the counter informed me they did. The cost was $25 which included the cd. He also promised that Taylor had just signed them that morning. I mentioned Madison already had the cd but to let me think about it. He was bagging our stuff up and said her ya go and handed me the autographed insert w/o the cd. OMG....I couldn't believe he just gave it to me. Ummm....it just hit me. You know that saying about karma.....you get what you give bad or good. Madison giving her little friend the guitar pick might just have brought her good karma to be given the autographed cd insert.

My baby girl had the time of her life Saturday and will one of those top five moments of her life that I think she will remember forever.



1 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

MADISON I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL !!!AS YOUR MOM SAYS THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR LIFE !!STACIA YOU OUT DID YOUR SELF AS ALWAYS,BUT YOU LEARNED IT ALL FROM ME , (HA ,HA)
YOU DID DO A GREAT JOB, I AM PROUD OF YOU, YOU DID IT!!!! LOL MEE-MAW