Is She Even Human

Makaylee had what I thought was going to be a consultation with an allergy specialist.  However, after the consultation the doctor went ahead with the skin prick test to see if she was allergic to anything.   I had not prepared myself or Makaylee for that type of visit.  I had forgotten that I had the super child with me.  She never flinched or even thought about shedding a single tear.  After all, this is the child her has never cried getting a vaccination.  It only took about two minutes for her to start sneezing and itching.  Then the whelps starting popping up.  Every single one of them.  Big ones.  The doc was pretty surprised to see the results.  He said that it was rare for those type of results at her age.  He also said she was a prime candidate for immunotherapy.  Because of the severity of her allergies she most likely with have an even more severe case when she is older and it can develop into asthma.  So it looks like we start weekly allergy shots in October then after a few months it goes to a monthly shot for the next 2-3 years.  She is basically allergic to everything but humans.  Hmmm…I beginning to wonder if I brought an alien into the world.

When we got home she reminded me that the doctor said she needed to drink lots of milkshakes.  I had to giggle for a second and then explain to her that the doctor was joking.  She looked confused but accepted my explanation.  In her defense the doctor did tell me he wanted me to feed her a lot of milkshakes between now and then to help her grow.  Bless her heart, she thought he was serious.

Unnamed[2]-1-3

1 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

Bless her little heart...I love you baby.. you are the best bean picker I have ever had..my little
""SHORT STACK "".This is her new nickname from me..love ya Mee-Maw