She Holds Her Hand But She Holds Her Heart

Though this is tough on my I think it tougher on Makaylee.  She is losing her big sister at school after tomorrow.  I have tried to explain to Makaylee that Madison will not being going to school with her next year but she just doesn’t really understand why Madison is moving on.  When I first told her that Madison would be attending a new school next year after a very sadden face she says, “ But who is going to be with me for car riders”.  She so looks up to Madison and depends on her for support.  At the beginning of the year when Makaylee was crying Madison would ask her teacher if she could go check on her.  She is most definitely Makaylee’s rock.  When Makaylee would have the opportunity to see Madison during the day at school it was always the first thing she would tell me when she got in the car.  She thought it was so cool that she got to see Madison that day.  Don’t get me wrong, they fight just like any other sisters do but in the end Madison has a big motherly heart that makes her the wonderful young lady that she is.

These pictures represent what I see every morning and every afternoon when at school.  Every morning Madison helps Makaylee out of the car, takes hold of her hand and walks her into school.  Every afternoon Madison is standing with the car rider group, holding on to Makaylee’s hand and helps her into the car.  I am tearing up as I type this.  It’s tough. My heart breaks for Makaylee but she is going to be so lost without her big sis.   I’m just an emotional wreck right now.  Madison has her 5th grade graduation tomorrow and I have got to get a grip.  See….this is the only year that Madison and Makaylee will EVER be at the same school together.  Chalk that into the negative of having a large age gap between siblings. However, I have talked with Makaylee that she will be taking over the big sister roll at school when Macey starts kindergarten.  She did think that was pretty cool.

DSC_3652-1-1-2 DSC_3637-1 DSC_3642-1  DSC_3644-1  DSC_3652-1-1

Sister, please hold my hand
As we journey through this land
Together we stand, together we will fall
No matter what, God will keep us together
That will be the best of all
Sister, please hold my hand
Because without you I can't stand
For we were put on this earth for a reason
To go through every good and bad season
Sister, please hold my hand
As our strength, together, builds each other to become strong
So that our love for each other will last long  

2 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the blog,omg,you should be a writer!!! Just broke my heart,wipeing the tears away!!! WONDERFUL JOB Stacia! Maw

The Costa Family said...

That gave me a tear. They are so sweet!!