The Dreaded “F” Word

 

Yesterday we embraced that old nasty “F” word. 

Yep….I said it, the “F” word.

Madison said the “F” word!

We all said the “F” word.

Happy “Fortieth” Birthday Scott!!!

He said he didn’t feel any different….just another birthday.  I know for myself, I’m dreading it.  I didn’t take turning 30 too well so I know 40 will hit me pretty hard.  At his request I made him a cake that his mom had made for her boys for years.  I don’t eat chocolate cake, never have liked it.  I know….call me crazy uh.  I also don’t care for the cake because it is very sugary.  Well, I didn’t realize how much sugar was in the frosting until I made it.  I have officially named it the Crack Cake.  If you need an immediate high this will no doubt give it to you and you might even have some withdrawals after coming down from the sugar high.  Scott and I have decided to freeze the cake, cut it into the cubes and sell it. Ha!

We spent the day at the White House doing the Easter Egg Roll.  I have some major allergy stuff going on and I am losing my voice.  I told Scott what a 40th birthday he has had.  I planned a whole 40 bash for him at the White House and his wife is losing her voice….what more could he have asked for.

Check out the card Madison picked out for her dad.  Did she go for a cute love you dad card.  Nope! 

DSC_3237-1 DSC_3244-1DSC_3242-1  DSC_3243-1

DSC_3280-1

0 thoughtful note(s):