Santa Let Down

View Gingerbread

I tried to get Macey to sit in Santa’s lap at the mall the other and she wouldn’t do it. So when Toys R Us advertised that Santa and Jeffrey were going to be at the store this past Saturday I jumped at the opportunity to take the girls in hopes Macey would be less uncomfortable if she were there with her two big sisters.

What a disappointment Santa was. He was one of those skinny fake bearded Santas and you didn’t even get to sit in his lap. They just stood there for photo ops. On top of the Santa, who I would even be frightened of, Jeffery bent down to pat Macey on the back and bopped her in the head. Hard enough that she grabbed the top of her head with both hands. Jeffery felt bad…..hmmm…now thinking back I should have asked for sort of compensation…jk. Anyway, you can tell in the picture how timid she is. Afterwards I took the girls to the mall to visit with Santa there. Just as I had suspected, Macey clung to Madison for dear life. Glad I didn’t pay $14 bucks for a 5x7 kodak moment.

DSC03554-1

The positive we got out of the experience was the girls got gingerbread cookies to bring home and decorate. Madison and Macey whipped the icing and candy beads on theirs like the end of time was coming. Makaylee however took her sweet time and decorated her cookie the correct way….my little perfectionist.

DSC_0965-1 DSC_0968-1DSC_1002-1 DSC_0969-1 DSC_0979-1

1 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

that is cute how mklie took her time and I saw madison whereing the shrit we got her love u miss u SaVaNnAh :)