Some Things Never Change

Tonight Madison's school had a PTA fundraiser at the local skating rink. She has only been skating once before and she was too little to remember. I don't think she realized how hard it was to actually get the hang of skating. I told her it was like learning how to ride a bike, once you figure out how to balance yourself then it's a breeze. Bless her heart, I lost count on how many times she fell. I laughed, and laughed and then laughed some more. It was sort of funny, at first she was laughing with me but then after about the sixth or seventh time biting the dust she didn't find it amusing any longer. She didn't really get outside her comfort zone which was the outer wall. She was exhausted and sore when we left and she is eager to go back at it again. However, she is contemplating taking some lessons. I don't think the Roller Derby is going to be calling anytime soon.

Being there tonight really brought back some childhood memories of my own. If you are close to my age then you probably remember that the skating rink was a big thing back then. I mean seriously, what else was there to do. Oh how I loved to go skating....I could even skate backwards. I loved playing in the competitions, doing the Hockie Pockie under a disco ball, skating in circles to 80's music, checking out the cute boys. I can tell you after witnessing it tonight I don't think much has changed in the skating world....just the music....which consisted of a lot of Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift.

0 thoughtful note(s):