Bye Bye Curls….

hello big girl.  I finally decided to cut Macey’s hair.  I have known for at least a year   a while now that it needed to be cut.  I just couldn’t get those cute little curls cut off at the bottom even though I knew it would look better trimmed up.  I suppose I had a little bit of an emotional attachment to the curls.  I felt like it was the only thing I had left of her babyhood.  I know, it sounds silly but I really felt that way.  I even got a little emotional after I saw how it made her look even more like a big girl.  What is even funnier is I cut her hair myself.  I didn’t see any point in spending $15-$20 for someone to just cut her straight across.  In fact I have been cutting Makaylee and Madison’s hair for the past year now. 

I asked her if she would like for me to cut her hair.  She quickly responded with a yes.  She said she wanted to look like a rock star. I wasn’t quite sure what qualified as “Rock Star” in her book but didn’t think much of it.  When I told her we were done…she looked in the mirror….looked at me with her look of disappointment……and squealed out “I said I wanted to look like a rock star…..ok honey I know you do, how do you want me to make it look…..she responds with, “Black”…..oh no you did not just tell me you wanted black hair….no way chickadee….the blonde hair stays!

Before Picture

 DSC_0665-1

DSC_0667-1  DSC_0669-1 DSC_0670-1 DSC_0671-1

After Picture

DSC_0678-1

One happy girl…even though she doesn’t have black hair.

DSC_0681-1

  DSC_0680-1

0 thoughtful note(s):