Saturday we found a park in Pennsylvania not to far from the house that I'm sure we will be visiting frequently. The old homestead grounds are beautiful and it has scenic hiking trails. Can't wait to see it in the Fall time. While we were there they were having a civil war reenactment. The part I enjoyed the most was the girls wadding in the creek. It brought back some of my childhood memories of Strawberry Mountain. Visions of my dad, which are few and far between, and I going deer hunting there. Images of mom getting her car stuck as we tried to cross the creek. Images of me wadding and playing in the water with no worries of snakes and such....just being a kid with no cares or burdens in the world. Normally I would have freaked over having the girls in the water worried about snakes and such but something was so calming and peaceful about it. Maybe it was my own memories and wanting my kids to experience something the same way I did. Sadly, this day in time you can't let your kids experience some of the same things you did growing up. I was glad to be able to share this experience.
Madison couldn't believe I was letting in there. She was dying to catch some tadpoles. We may have to bring us a little net the next time we go. Makaylee was being the typical princess she always is. She enjoyed the wadding but did not want to get wet. I knew Macey would be the one to get soaked before she even put one toe in the water. She was itching to swim in the water like a fish and within ten minutes that is exactly what she was doing. Looking forward to repeating this day very soon. Thank you Jesus for providing us that day and keeping me worry free for a short period of time.














1 thoughtful note(s):
that creek does remind me too of strawberry mt,,,,great pics...lol mee=maw
Post a Comment