Going To BIG "K"......

and we're not talking K-Mart. Makaylee had her orientation last night and to say she was excited would be an understatement. We were unable to eat dinner before hand because I had to get Makaylee re-ready after she informed me what she had on was not good enough to meet her teacher in. I only had to rummage through her closet a bazillion times until we agreed on something for her to wear. If she'd had her choice she would have worn her Sunday best.

The principle opened up the orientation meeting by asking the kids to raise their hand if they were ready for kindergarten. Makaylee nearly fell out of her seat she vaulted her arm in the air so quickly and as high as she could reach. After orientation we were able to visit her classroom. She meet the teacher and then was able to put her school supplies in her cubbie.

After we got home Makaylee and I sat down at the table to eat. She starts telling me how the teacher was glad the she was in her class and how the teacher really liked her. Now I never heard the teacher tell her this so this was apparently Makaylee's interpretation on what she said.

One excited little girl ready to start school.
Showing her love for school. She is such a character.
Makaylee's school supplies consisted of an explosion of colors PINK with none other than Barbie and Princesses. All supplies picked out personally by the new Kindergartner herself.

1 thoughtful note(s):

Anonymous said...

MY LITTLE PRINCESS HAS GROWN UP !!!!IF YOU HAD TOLD ME 2 YEARS AGO THAT YOU WOULD LIKE SCHOOL..I WOULD NOT HAVE BELIVIED IT..NOT AS MUCH SCHOOL..BUT BEING AWAY FROM YOUR MOM..BLESS YOUR MOTHERS HEART..ITS HER THATS HAVING THE HARD TIME..BABY GIRL YOU STUDY REALLY HARD..MAKE GOOD GRADES..GOOD FRIENDS AND YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE--LOVE YOU LOTS MEEE-MAW AND MOM IT WILL BE OK..I PROMISE...