Macey....oh Macey. Where do I begin. I love you to pieces you little wild thing. Two was not easy and so I'm banking my sanity on this year is going to be better. You don't make my days easy but I would not trade them for absolutely anything in this world. Your blue eyes still melt my heart and I'm certain that will never change. Your not my chubby little baby anymore. You have slimmed up quite a bit but luckily you still have those chipmunk cheeks to nibble on. You were such a awesome baby, sleeping all the time, never fussy just all smiles. Wow has that changed. You are one wild, rambunctious, bossy, sassy, dramafied little girl. However, aside from all those things mentioned you also have a sweet loving side even though you don't show it often. I see the sweet loving side when it's just you and I alone. I guess when the other two girls around you feel like you have to fight for attention. I suppose that comes along with being a child of multiple siblings. The positive part about it, though you don't realize it now, is you will have me all to yourself when the other two have left home for college. But then again, that's probably the time you're not going to want anything to do with me. My heart is hoping not. You are such a smart little three year old. Your vocabulary is awesome and you retain information like a sponge. You know your abc song, all of your colors and you can count to 7. I wish I could take credit for all that but you have learned mostly from your older sis Makaylee and watching PBS. You are still a good sleeper. Bedtime for you is always a good laugh for all of us. Your normal bedtime is 8pm but I have been having to keep you up closer to 9pm. I will say, "Macey it's bed time" and you will without thought look toward a window to see if the sun has set. If it's no you will respond with a "nope, it's not dark outside....see....it's light". You can't make it past 10pm,you will come to me and let me know you want to got to bed. Bedtime around here for you is very comical. When you wake up in the mornings the first thing you ask for is chalkco (chocolate) milk. You sit in my lap and snuggle until you sisters wake up. Definitely mommy and Macey time. Your favorite tv shows are Curious George, Calliou, Dragon Tales and Phineas & Ferb. Your favorite foods are chocolate milk, macaroni & cheese, broccoli.
I gave Macey the option of what type of birthday she wanted and she kept switching back and forth from Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony. I chose Strawberry Shortcake because I thought it was cuter. I tried to draw to freehand Strawberry Shortcake but it was looking pretty awful so I opted for the printed picture instead. I worked for a whole day on that cake but it was worth it. I loved how it turned out. Not only did it look pretty, almost too pretty to cut but it was mouth watering delicious as well. It was all home made buttercream icing. Can you say yum-eee!
We took her to Chuck E Cheese. Had pizza, played lots of games, sang Happy Birthday, blew out a candle on a slice of pizza, danced with Chuck E, cashed tickets in for prizes and I'm sure we picked up a few germs along the way. That afternoon we had her party. She was smitten while we sang the birthday song, she clapped when she blew out all the candles, she was happy with all of her presents which included a princess chair...penguin pillow pet....purse with some bracelets, we had cake and chocolate ice cream and grilled some hotdogs. I think it all was a hit.
Putting the moves too the birthday song.
1 thoughtful note(s):
Oh, that gave me a tear. I just can't believe how fast they are growing up. I do wish you hadn't moved so far away. Your cake was AWESOME!!! You're such a good mommy!! Happy birthday to Macey.
Post a Comment