I was very concerned about how the first day of Pre-K was going to go considering the end result of open house a couple of weeks ago. I have been continuing to pump her up about how she is going to love going to school. Last night before we began getting everything ready for the big day. She picked out her outfit after only going through about ten different ones and insisted that she wore this skirt. And of course she had to have new shoes. That was part of the deal of her going to Pre-K, she said she would go if she got a new backpack and a new pair of shoes. I tried to let her do everything on her own so she would possibly feel better about going. She just luvs her backpack and she said she was going to show it to her friends. Thanks mom for putting her name on it. I found the little Hello Kitty zipper charms at Target in the dollar bin.
It was a little hard getting her up this morning but once she was awake she was ready to go. She got ready by herself, I of course fixed her hair, but of course she always has to brush it herself. In fact you will catch her brushing her hair at least fifteen times a day. Once she was ready she immediately wanted to know where her backpack was. I informed her it was exactly where she left it last night but that it wasn't time to go she had to eat. I made her some smiley face pancakes hoping it would keep her in a good mood. She thought they were so cute. I think it added to her big day. When she was done eating she wanted to leave but it was still way to early. I asked her if we could go outside and take some pictures and of course she was all for that. We goofed off for a while with the pictures and she was just itching to get on the road.
We finally took off. On the way to the church I was telling her how pretty she looked and her response was, "yeah...I know, thanks". Oh my, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this girl. We arrived a little early so we sat in the car and chatted for a few moments and then I saw her teacher come out. She did just fine walking across the parking lot until she saw three moms standing at the doorway near the teacher. She grabbed my hand and said, "I wanna stay with you mom". I comforted her and let her know there wasn't anything to be afraid of, all the parents are leaving. That I was going to go home and get Macey and we would be back to pick her up. The other moms started backing away from the door and after that she was just fine.
I wasn't going to let myself get emotional in front of her, I knew I had to be strong for her sake. After getting a couple of pictures of her in line I told her I was going and I would be back to pick her up. I bent down to give her a hug and she puts one had on each teach, pulls me toward her, gives me a big kiss, hugs me and says, "I love you mommie". Well don't you know that was the breaking point for me. There was another mom behind me and saying, "ohhhhhh how sweet". I was like, hello your not helping me here. But I held it together until I was able to turn my back and walk off....then the water works started rolling. I had a good cry on the way home.
I kept asking Macey where Makaylee was and she kept telling me she was in her bedroom. Macey and I took off to Target, the Mall and Walmart. I have to say it is quite different only having one little with you at a store. It was finally time to go pick Makaylee up. I arrived a few minutes early and then saw the class come out the door. Makaylees class contains of nine kids and there is only one other girl besides Makaylee. Makaylee and the other little girl walks out together and then I see Makaylee turn around and give the little girl a hug. When she saw me walking up the sidewalk and started running toward me yelling "moooommmm". She was happy to see me but she said she had fun. She talked about it all the way home. We weren't' home maybe an hour and she said she was tired and fell asleep on the couch. Tonight when Madison was getting her school stuff ready for tomorrow Makaylee wanted to too. But I explained to her that she wasn't going tomorrow but she would get to go the next day, Friday. She began to cry and beg that she wanted to go to school so she could sing. I'm so glad she likes it. I hope she always likes this new journey in her life. BTW...regarding the pictures. Notice how each one she is doing something with her leg....this is her new thing. You can't take a picture of her without her posing her leg someway or another.










1 thoughtful note(s):
ALL GROWN UP AND SO READY TO GO OUT INTO THE WORLD AS A BIG GIRL!YOU ARE SO CUTE , YOU GO AND SHOW THEM YOU ARE A BIG GIRL!LOVE YOU, MEE-MAW
Post a Comment