No Place Like Home

A few weeks ago we were able to make a small trip back home.  Scott had is Fantasy Football League draft so we all headed down south for a good old dose of family time.  Oh how I miss being close to family and friends.  Here is a quick over view of our trip.

While visiting mom we did the traditional pick up truck ride through the pasture.  Makaylee chose to ride in the front with Paw Paw Raymond.  Madison drove the girls around with the lawn mower which is always a big hit.  Mom cooked us a dinner containing nothing but veggies out of the garden.  Can you say yummy!  Madison even snatched a few jars of beans and potatoes to take home.  She said they were the best she had ever had.  Check out mom’s walk in pantry of all the canning she has done from the garden this summer.

DSC_8649-1DSC_8657-1 DSC_8557-1 DSC_8580-1 DSC_8585-1 DSC_8624-1 DSC_8641-1  DSC_8652-1 DSC_8654-1 

DSC_8663-1

While staying at the momma Jo Ann’s we had a little bon fire and roasted marshmallows.

DSC_8491-1 DSC_8505-1 DSC_8512-1  DSC_8517-1 DSC_8521-1

And of course my trip wouldn’t be complete without visiting the Harper clan.  I enjoyed getting to see little Elison.  She is a precious little thing.  Makaylee and Macey enjoyed playing with Hadley.  However, I think they may have enjoyed the pink cowgirl boots the most.  I still feel horrible about disrupting her nightly routine with the kids….sorry chick…..but I enjoyed getting to catch up and hang out for a while.

DSC_8689-1 DSC_8670-1       DSC_8683-1 DSC_8687-1

0 thoughtful note(s):