Christmas Day

This was the first Christmas in a long time that I didn't have to wait up for Santa to help put something together or wait for an older child to fall asleep and make sure they stayed in the bed. I was actually in the bed by 11:00pm. Whoo Hoo!! However, I did wake up early, at 7:00am anticipating the girls waking up early. I had made our traditional breakfast casserole the night before so it was ready to be put in the oven when we woke. I have been making this casserole since Madison was a baby and I only make it on Christmas morning. I was going to change it up a little this year and make homemade monkey bread but Madison insisted we stay with the tradition and have the casserole. I loved the fact that she wanted to keep the tradition. I can see her having this with her family one day and telling her kids how she had the exact same thing when she was a child. It makes my heart smile.

The kids found their gifts from Santa. They are all very excited about their bikes.


Everything Makaylee opened she had run and show it to me.



Madison with her new laptop. She wanted one so bad and I found a really good deal on one last month. We also got her a laptop bag. I saved those two presents for her to open last. My plan worked out pretty well. I had her open the bag first and she was confused as to why she had gotten it. I played it off and told her that that gift was not for her it was for someone at Maws house. It worked out pretty well because the kids had been opening other peoples gifts all morning. I then gave her "the" present and she was so excited and surprised.


Apparently Macey thinks she can sit in this shopping cart like she does when she goes shopping with her mom.



The awesome boots the girls got me. Thanks Dad!!




We bought Makaylee and Macey one of these bouncy balls. They both loved them and I think they have been played with more than anything. However, Macey's little legs are too short and she just does somersaults on hers. We finally figured out to don't pump hers up all the way and now she can bounce around like Makaylee.


Madison got roller blades which she has never even tried doing before. She fell one good time on her rump and so then she concocted this.

We ended the morning by singing Happy Birthday to Jesus.

0 thoughtful note(s):